Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This was my first attempt at a digital painting using a more traditional approach. I used a limited palette and only mixed and painted with those colors. It was one of the most challenging projects for me ever and there were numerous times when I wanted to jump ship; lots of unsightly stages that I didn't know if I could overcome. There is definitely room for improvement, a little wobbly looking in some areas, but I am really proud of the energy and hard work put into this. I learned a lot through the process and I think I might try painting on real canvas soon. . .an intimidating and much overdue adventure. . .

3 comments:

Derek Edwards said...

thats awesome. Great job.

Z-Kids said...

All your caricatures are AWESOME!
- AZ

Katie said...

This is awesome.
Well, it could be.
It depends on what your definition of "is" is.
(Couldn't resist)