Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This was my first attempt at a digital painting using a more traditional approach. I used a limited palette and only mixed and painted with those colors. It was one of the most challenging projects for me ever and there were numerous times when I wanted to jump ship; lots of unsightly stages that I didn't know if I could overcome. There is definitely room for improvement, a little wobbly looking in some areas, but I am really proud of the energy and hard work put into this. I learned a lot through the process and I think I might try painting on real canvas soon. . .an intimidating and much overdue adventure. . .

4 comments:

Tim Moen said...

kacey, if we did jack rabbit, JJV would have wanted you as our caricaturist for all the celebs. Im not totally sure if you should take that as a compliment or not...but anyway, it looks awesome

Derek Edwards said...

thats awesome. Great job.

Z-Kids said...

All your caricatures are AWESOME!
- AZ

Katie said...

This is awesome.
Well, it could be.
It depends on what your definition of "is" is.
(Couldn't resist)