Saturday, January 17, 2009

Some Figure Drawing

A few months before I moved to San Francisco, some friends and I started going on Sundays to figure drawing sessions at the Crealdé Art School in Winter Park, Florida. There was a different model each week and the classes usually lasted about 2 hrs. I am looking forward to finding something similar in the city; so far the only one I know about is at Berkley on Friday nights.

Strangely there were never male models on the days that I went, so I only have female drawings to share right now. I have included some 5 min gesture drawings, as well as some 20 min poses. Regardless of whether I am in front of a model or not, I plan on doing some hand and face structural studies in the near future; it has become clear in recent work that I am getting rusty in those areas (especially when trying to work from memory).

8 comments:

Taylor said...

these are really impressive, kacey.

Kelly Perez said...

Yeah, I agree with Taylor, sweet drawings, very impressive you got a lot done in 20 minutes! I would tell you about some life drawing class im going to go here once a week on Wednesday nights, but i think it might be a little out of your way to fly to nova scotia every wed. lol

Kacey said...

Yeah I'm not sure I can afford to fly out there each week... maybe after I get a job though :)

Mark Harmon said...

Your figure work is awesome! Nice job. If you want to customize your blog you can go to http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/blog-secrets/144-how-to-make-your-own-background

This site shows how to make your own backgound. It's what I used to make mine.

Kacey said...

Thanks Mark, I will check it out!

Burt said...

Ahh, makes me want to search out figure-d'ing sessions again.

Josy said...

They're all great, but I'm super-impressed with the 5-minute gestures. Holy moly.

Kacey said...

The 5min ones were my best ones out of many, it took me quite a few classes to even get warmed up at it. It's been months since then though so I REALLY need to find a new figure drawing class where I moved.